TO SUMMARIZE: DAILY PROCESS
Morning | 9 am
- Drop off 40 boxes, fanny pack with cash, banners, yard signs, promotional materials, sharpie and tape.
- Leave money with pre-determined individual and make sure they sign the “Money Check Out Form” every day. Count the money with them before everyone signs the form so there’s no discrepancies.
- Leave money in the appropriate amounts via the “money denomination outline” below on pg. 2
- Make sure they know to keep the money in the fanny pack at all times.
- Make sure they have your contact info if they need more money or supplies.
Evening | 7-8 pm
- Pick up all boxes and books purchased and the moneybag. Even if there’s only a half box make sure to take those books as well.
- Make sure a pre-determined individual and you both sign the “Money Check In Form” every day. Count the money with them before everyone signs the form so there’s no discrepancies.
- Take the books back to your HQ. Unbox the books for organization #1 and start a new session on the handheld scanner. Scan all books purchased by that organization that day into a session. Write down the total amount scanned and the total number of books. Enter your stats in the Google Doc link that will be sent out later:
- Organization Name
- Money Spent
- Scanned Value (this will be the single guide value which is half of what they paid)
- # Boxes Filled
- Put the books back into boxes. Make sure you lay the books side by side and DO NOT box on their spine or side opposite the spine. Tape up each box thoroughly around all sides, seams and corners. Mark each box with a sharpie with the organization name and place in a separate area.
- Repeat this step for the next organization…
- Contact our office at (859) 252 4349 on the second or third day to determine the best way to ship books. If you can store them safely (dry area with low traffic) and you have the extra space I would prefer to have a truck pick them all up at your house at the end of the week. However, if you don’t have the space, you can ship as needed from any UPS Store using the provided labels.